Tuesday, March 11, 2014

GOT MILK? And by milk, I mean chocolate milk!

Where did all this energy come from?! Who knew that it "only" took 16 weeks to feel normal again! Texas has been beautiful the last few days, crossing my fingers  that it'll stay this way for awhile...its 9pm and its 71 degrees out!! Most of you Texans know that this last Winter was brutal...and if this is the end of the brutal Winter, I'll be one happy mama! HECK, we'll all be! Yesterday after the gym and some din din, the hubbs and I went for a nice short nature walk at the Frisco Bridges. Taking advantage of what great weather Texas has to offer before the heat wave hits!




Story behind the Nesquik: After our walk in Frisco, we came home to call it a night. After I got out of the shower, Daniel let go a really big sigh. I asked him, "What's wrong?" His reply, "oh nothing..." I insisted on him telling me and he continue to say it was nothing. I asked, "You want chocolate milk don't you?" (we talked about this the night before). Daniel: *sigh* yeaa... I said, Ok, how about we both go and I can stay in the car while you go in and get it. He was so happy that we left shortly after. When we got to the store and Daniel had already purchased the nesquik, he told he about his conversation with the cashier...
(nesquik the only thing in hand)
Cashier: Craving some chocolate milk?
Daniel: I have a pregnant wife that is really craving it...
Cashier: *laughs*
...when it was Daniel all along who was craving it...
I guess what they say is true...sometimes the husbands are the ones going through the pregnancy symptoms! Mine just chose food as his symptom! LOL

Ok so with this new found pregnancy energy, I was able to get back into the gym! Can I get a WOOT WOOT! Went yesterday and today! And I feel absolutely amazing! I'd have to say that I miss lifting weights and I hope all this energy is here to stay! The doctors said that I can continue to exercise the way I use to, just to do it in moderation and to listen to my body. Because I'm just getting back into it, and being PREGNANT doing so, I've gone down on the weights a bit and don't do as many exercises. I also noticed that the definition in my arms/shoulders is pretty much disappearing! Which I'm fine with because what do you expect from a woman that continues to gain weight everyday?! Now that I have a somewhat tummy, I felt sort of out of place when I went back yesterday... But I told myself that i couldn't give myself excuses and that I was being healthy for the baby! My gym buddies were happy to see me back and were excited about my news...at least now when people look at me, I won't be the  extra chubby girl breathing and panting as if she doesn't know what she's doing! haha! I'd actually be the pregnant girl rockin it! Hey, we gotta start somewhere! I used to be of those girls that had no clue what they were doing when they first stepped into the gym. And being comfortable and feeling confident didn't come overnight! Anyway, I'm excited to go back...it's always been a place for me to work on my health and to help prevent me from getting sick all the time. Seriously guys, once you get yourself in the gym and get into the routine, it makes it easier to go and it becomes a habit. Give it a try! It really does change everything! Take if from a girl whose been dealing with her health her whole life! If I can do it, ANYBODY can do it!

Here are the workouts I did the last couple days...incase you were wondering. I'll try to post my workouts as often as I can so you can follow.

Tips: If pregnant, Please AVOID laying flat on your back!! Laying flat on your back cuts off blood circulation to the baby.  I'm not a doctor NOR a fitness professional, and I'm just going by what my doctor ok'd me. She told me being at an incline is ok, every women is different! Remember to ALWAYS ask your health professional first! Especially if you weren't already working out before. Even if you did, ask anyway!



 

Remember to fuel your body with protein after each workout! Your body needs it! Pregnant women: Protein shakes are ok as long as it's not your only source of protein! (per my doctor, remember to ask yours!).

MONDAY: Back

Bent over barbell row
3 sets of 12 reps
Seated cable rows
3 sets of 12 reps
Wide grip lat pull down
3 sets of 12 reps
One arm dumbell row
3 sets of 12 reps
Back extensions
3 sets of 15


TUESDAY: Chest

Push-ups
3 sets of 12 reps
Cable crossover
3 sets of 12 reps
Smith machine incline bench press
3 sets of 10 reps
Flies machine
3 sets of 12 reps

No comments: