Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Weekend!

Valentine was great!! Daniel and I started a little early and gave the other person their present early! thursday that is...daniel couldn't wait...hehe...or should i say "I" couldn't wait... :) On saturday morning, I surprised him with snowshoeing! he wanted to do this for a while now but we never got the chance. little to my knowledge, i didn't know how exhausting and tough it would be! My body is sore. some more than the others! lol. We did a 6 mile snowshoeing up Mesa Falls. However, we only hiked up to the lower falls because it was starting to get dark and another 2 miles to the upper falls was not what I had planned! haha. Halfway up there, daniel told me he had a secret to tell me. and i was just SO excited i pushed myself even harder. he told me he'd tell me when we were done. After a looooong afternoon of snowshoeing, he finally told me the secret...DAniel: you want to know my secret? me: yes! Daniel: WOW! that was hard!!--haha....and to think, I complained for the first 30 minutes cause it took all my energy!!! lol..when it seemed like daniel couldn't take it anymore of my complaints, i shut myself up for the next 3 hours!! and here he was, secretively thinking it was hard! lol...gotta love him!!











Whew!! WE WERE FINALLY DONE!

As soon as we got back into town, we took a very short nap and went to the Valentine's Ball! For a moment, it felt like prom because everyone dressed up in their formal dresses. We saw some of our friends there also. We stood in line for pictures for about an hour and a half...but we didn't waste anytime dancing! Daniel was showing me what he got as we waited in line! lol. Overall, it was the perfect ending to a perfect day!






My last surprise for daniel on Valentine's day, a plate of cookies and a bunch of his favorite goodies! He went straight for the chocolate cookies! ;D That evening, Daniel made me a rib eye steak dinner..hmmm SO DELICIOUS! I love my husband!

5 comments:

-Laura- said...

Looks like an amazing weekend! Snow shoeing IS hard!!! I've only done it once and I still remember how tired I was afterwards. You and Daniel are one cute couple!

Sorensen said...

You guys are so cute!

The Martins said...

CUTE I love you guys :) Looks so much.. I can't wait until we are on break for school we can do something and take lots of pictures!

Sokimna said...

You are so sweet to decorate the table for him! I was like...where's my chococlate? LOL

miss said...

I love your purple dress in this@