Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Food blogging? Say What?

As most of you know, I love food! Come on, who doesn't?! For as long as I could remember, I have always had the desire to learn new things in the kitchen. It all started when I was a little girl...middle school to be exact. My first time making something in the kitchen was when I was in 6th grade. I was taking Spanish and my best friend and I had a project coming up. So we decided to make a dish...what kind of dish? An African dish! African dish...in Spanish class? yea...I don't know what we were thinking but it was a total hit! After that point, I always had this desire to learn something new in the kitchen from my parents. The most difficult part about learning how to cook with them was that they did not have basic instructions for their mostly Asian dishes. Every dish complete by the way it tasted! So I had to learn the hard way. I didn't stop there... In college, I would have at least 10 people over for Sunday night dinner and feed them whatever I felt like cooking at the moment...I call it, "This is how you get the boys". LOL. For some reason, cooking for the boys worked! Several days after I met my husband, I made dinner for him and his roommates. Apparently I was a keeper after that. You know what they say..."The way to a mans heart is through is stomach!" :) Wife duties came shortly after that...I was able to utilize and use all the imagination possible to try and make breakfast, lunch and dinner different everyday. After a year of marriage, all that eating got us in trouble! haha...it died down a little bit but my desire to stay in the kitchen didn't end there. Now, with all the demands of being a full time worker, homemaker, and wife, I stay trying to develop my talents in the kitchen. There's just this peaceful and calm feeling that comes over me when I create something new. I guess you can say it is my stress reliever. With all this said, I hope to start blogging all my recipes... Many of my friends encourage me to start blogging my recipes, it just took awhile. I hope that you are patient with me because I am not that great of a blogger! So here we go. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: